Friday, December 11, 2015

Before & Afters Thinspo Fitspo

Rituals, anthropologists will tell us, are about transformation. The rituals we use for marriage, baptism or inaugurating a president are as elaborate as they are because we associate the ritual with a major life passage, the crossing of a critical threshold, or in other words, with transformation.
Abraham Verghese

Kind of an interesting idea- what are your rituals for your weight loss transformation?
Don't have any? What would they look like if you DID have them?













Recently, a “miracle weight loss” company used [used my before & after photos] to sell their pills. Since that was false, I thought I would just post a picture here and say I lost weight by:
A clean diet
Drinking lots of water
Running almost daily (endorphins y’all)
Still having fun in college
Being active
NOT taking diet pills (like… y’all I am not a fan of pills. I don’t even take ibuprofen)






It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at my before photos without clothes on. I can’t really comprehend how massive the changes are. Look at my calves! Look at my forearms! My knees!
But more than that… I remember being that person on the left. Extremely uncomfortable in public, closed off, puffed walking up any flight of stairs, defensive, lonely and unhealthy. It was never just about the weight… it was about claiming my life back, because I wasn’t living the one I ever imagined for myself.
I just want everyone who sees this through the reblogs (even those who don’t know or follow me) to know that I never thought this could happen. I never thought I’d finally be this girl. And if you’re struggling, if you’re stuck in that cycle of starting and giving up diets, if you’re feeling like there’s no hope… there ALWAYS is. Always. Find some trustworthy sources of good info, stop dieting, stop punishing yourself with restriction and exercise, and start living the life of the person you want to become.
I’m going to remember this photo on the tough days, the days when I feel like I still have so much more to do. Because I do, that’s the fun part, but it’s important to remember how far we have come as well.


Huge before/after post!
Before: ~200 pounds, unhealthy, ate 3000+ calories a day of crap, spent 12+ hours a day on the computer, avoided exercise like the plague.
After: ~120 pounds, extremely healthy, eats 1800-ish calories a day of clean, healthy food, exercises 1-2 hours a day, certified personal trainer.
Oh, also, I am 5’1”







You have to use other useful tools to help track your progress like an old pair of jeans that don’t fit, measuring tape, before and after pictures. Especially if you are weight training and toning or gaining muscle mass, while losing fat %… It’s most likely that you might be gaining weight. But that doesn’t mean you aren’t becoming healthier. Two months ago I was at 145 lbs and now I’m all the way back up to 155 lbs, which is what I weighed 4 months ago. It really scared me at first but I know I feel leaner, more toned, healthy, and stronger. So please don’t get frustrated and believe in progress and the process of getting fit, without depending or relying on those numbers you see on the scale! Believe and you can achieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment